Shipping Minister Shahjahan Khan categorically said that the probe report on the recent launch-capsize in Meghna would be revealed within seven days.
He came up with the assertion Thursday to the journalists after a meeting at his office.
Shahjahan Khan said, “The launch did not carried excess passengers but some extra goods had been loaded in the launch.”
“We became able to stop illegal sand lifting and river filling and we will give some more good news within 18 months,” he added.
The meeting was also attended, among others, Home Minister Sahara Khatun, Land Minister Md Rezaul Karim Hira, Environment and Forest Minister Dr Hasan Mahmud and High-ups of the ministry.
The death toll reached 132 as 20 more bodies were found Thursday, two days after a launch capsized in the River Meghna.
MV Sariatpur-1 capsized in the Meghna River after a cargo boat hit it in Gazaria upazila of Munshiganj early Tuesday.
Police sources said the launch sank over 200 passengers when a sand-laden Cargo hit the launch in Meghna River near Masura village of Munsiganj Sadar upazila at around 2:30 am on Tuesday.