Two labourers died after inhaling toxic gas inside a septic tank in Gajaria upazila of Munshiganj on Friday. The accident occurred around 10:00am when the workers tried to clean an underground septic tank of a house at Tetulia village in the upazila, said Shahidul Islam, officer-in-charge of Gajaria Police Station.
Khalil, 30, a day labourer in Chanderchwak village in Homna upazila, climbed down to the bottom of the tank to clean the waste, the OC said.
As Khalil did not respond, fellow worker Al Amin, 28, of the same village, hurried down into the tank to rescue him but could not return, he added.
Later, locals recovered the bodies from the tank, reports our Munshiganj correspondent.
Maksuda Akhter, owner of the house, lodged an unnatural death case with Gajaria Police Station in this connection.
Leave a Reply