Fire guts 10 shops in Munshiganj

A devastating fire gutted at least 10 shops at Jorpool bazaar in Louhajang upazila early Wednesday. Louhajang Upazila Nirbahi Officer Saiful Islam said the fire originated from electrical short circuit in the early morning at a tea-stall and soon engulfed the adjacent shops of the bazaar.

The shopkeepers with the help of local people extinguished the blaze after one and half hours of frantic efforts.

The affected shop owners claimed that the extent of loss from the fire could go up to
Tk 30 lakh.


Leave a Reply