Unless they are traced out, there is no scope for providing any amount of help or compensation to their families
The families of the missing victims of Pinak 6 launch capsize will not be given any amount of help or compensation, said Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan yesterday.
“Unless they are traced out, there is no scope for providing any amount of help or compensation to their families,” he told reporters in the district.
“Each Pinak 6 death victim’s family however would get Tk1 lakh from the Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority and Tk 20 thousand from the district administration,” he said.
Earlier on August 4, the Pinak 6 sank in the Padma with around 300 passengers aboard. So far, 48 bodies have been recovered while 67 others are still missing, most of whom hail from Madaripur.
dhakatribune
Leave a Reply