A mother and her son were electrocuted while attending a marriage ceremony of her brother-in-law at Kanaksar village under Louhajang upazila in the district on Thursday night.
The deceased were identified as Nahida Begum, 35, wife of Moktar Hossain, a Saudi expatriate and her son Md Abdullah, 17.
Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Louhajang police station Rezaul Haque said on Thursday at about 11pm, the marriage ceremony of Akter Hossain, younger brother of Moktar Hossain was going on. Nahida Begum was trying to pull cloth from a wire connected with a generator and she got electrocuted. As Abdullah came forward to save his mother, he also got electrocuted. They were immediately taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital, while after reaching there both died.