Four of same family hurt in Munshiganj cylinder explosion

Four members of a family sustained burn injuries in a fire triggered by a cooking gas cylinder blast in their house in Char Muktarpur area of Munshiganj’s Sadar upazila on Thursday.

The victims have been identified as Kawsar, 42, his wife Shanta, 38, and their children — Yeasin, 6, and Fatema, 3. They lived on the first floor of a two-storey house.

Dewan Azad Hossain, duty officer of Dhaka Fire Service and Civil Defense control room, said the fire broke out at the first floor of the building following the cylinder blast around 4:30am, leaving all the four members of the family injured.

On information, a fire tender rushed to the spot and extinguished the blaze.

The injured were immediately rushed to Munshiganj General Hospital from where they were shifted to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital.


Leave a Reply