9 shops gutted in Munshiganj fire

Nine shops were completely gutted in a fire that broke out at a market in Sreenagar upazila of Munshiganj district on Saturday.

The fire originated from a short-circuit inside a salon at Badol Sheikh’s tin-shed market around 3:00 pm and engulfed the adjacent shops within a moment, said the local people.

On information, two units of Sreenagar Fire Service and Civil Defence rushed to the spot and doused the blaze, said its warehouse inspector Md Mahfuz Riben.

He said it was initially assumed that the fire might have originated from a short circuit inside a salon of the market.

Meanwhile, the shop owners claimed that they suffered losses of a total of Tk 30 lakh.


Leave a Reply