ADP for next fiscal gets NEC approval today

The National Economic Council (NEC) sits on today to consider the approval of the Annual Development Programme (ADP) for the 2010-11 fiscal, amounting to around Tk 38,500 crore.

With Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair, the NEC meeting to be held at its conference room will also rearrange the allotments against different projects included in the revised ADP for the current fiscal (2009-10).

Of the total ADP allocation, the local sources will provide around Tk 19,700 crore or 51 per cent of the ADP outlay while the rest of Tk 18,800 crore or 49 per cent would come from project aids and budget support of the total ADP allocation, said sources at the Planning Ministry.

As per the outlay of the draft ADP, Agriculture, rural development and institutions, and water resources would get the highest allocation of around Tk 8,259 crore or 21.45 per cent of total ADP outlay.

Besides, the transport sector would get the second highest allocation of around Tk 5,931 crore or 15.40 per cent of the total outlay considering the development of communication sector and construction of Padma Bridge.

In the wake of the countrywide nagging power crisis, the energy, power and mineral resources sector has been proposed to get an allocation of around Tk 5681 crore or 14.76 percent of the total ADP allocation.

In the proposed ADP, education and religious affairs sectors will have an allocation of around Tk 4984 crore or 12.95 percent of ADP allocation while health, nutrition, population and family welfare sector will get Tk 3890 crore or 10.10 percent of the total ADP allocation.

A total of 906 projects have been included in the proposed ADP where 678 projects are under investment category, 155 projects are technical assistance and 73 projects are under Japan Debt Cancellation Fund (JDCF).

Besides, a list of 23 projects has been included for the first time in the proposed ADP under the Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) initiative.

In the ADP allocation for the upcoming fiscal, some 33 ministries have been brought under the Medium Term Budgetary Framework (MTBF) where they will receive an allocation of around TK 34,484 crore or 89.57 percent of the total ADP allocation.

However, the rest of the 19 ministries have been proposed an allocation of around Tk 4016 crore or 10.43 percent of the total ADP allocation.

Earlier on Wednesday, an extended meeting of the planning ministry approved the next ADP of Tk 38,500 crore with 35 per cent hike compared to the current fiscal’s revised ADP amount.

The revised ADP for the current fiscal year was of Tk 28,500 crore while it was of Tk 30,500 in the budget announcement.

The meeting was informed that the ADP implementation progress for the first nine months of the current fiscal (July-March) was 48 percent as some Tk 13,570 crore has been spent during the period of the revised ADP of Tk 28,500 crore.

The progress of ADP implementation is 2 percent higher than the corresponding period of 2008-09 fiscal. However, if the ADP had not been revised with more than half the fiscal gone, this would not be the case and implementation would have been even lower than last year.

new nation

Leave a Reply