A raging fire has gutted at least 21 shops in Munshiganj. The fire, which started around 2am on Tuesday at Paikpara Chaurasta Market under Tangibari Upazila, was tamed around 3am, fire service sources said.
Traders claim that the fire caused a loss worth Tk15 million.
Munshiganj fire official Sanwar Hossain told bdnews24.com that the fire might have been sparked from an electric short circuit at a tea shop owned by one ‘Monir’.
Tangibari police chief ‘Abdullah’ told reporters, “Had the fire fighters reached earlier, the loss could have been reduced.”
Fire official Hossain, however, claimed that there had been a delay in informing them of the incident.
No casualties have been reported so far.