Shops gutted in Sipahipara fire

Two garages and two shops were gutted in a devastating fire at Sipahipara area in Munshiganj sadar upazila on Sunday.

Fire service sources said, the fire originated from an electric short circuit and quickly engulfed three microbuses, some garment machineries and rickshaws of two garages. One bedding store and one restaurant were also gutted by the fire.

Being informed, fire service unit from Munshiganj Fire Station rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire, according to a news agency report.

Montu Biswas, inspector of Munshiganj Fire Station, said the fire originated from an electric short circuit.

The owners of the garages and shops claimed that the fire damaged property worth about Taka 2.80 million.


Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.