8 shops gutted in fire in Louhajong

Eight shops were gutted in a fire which broke out at Nawpara bazaar in Louhajong upazila Thursday noon. Fire service sources said the fire originated from an electric short circuit at a shop of one Salam of the bazaar and soon engulfed the adjoining shops.

On information fire service personnel from Srinagar upazila headquarters rushed to the spot and extinguished the blaze with the help of local people.

The affected shop owners claimed that the extent of loss from the fire could go up to Tk 30 lakh.


Leave a Reply