Massive fire breaks out at Munshiganj’s Kamalaghat

A massive fire has broken out at the Kamalaghat Port in the Mirkadim municipality of Munshiganj’s Sadar Upazila. A pulse mill and six warehouses were gutted in the fire, which began on Sunday night, the fire service said.

Munshiganj Fire Service Fireman Zahirul Islam said the blaze began at the Farid Molla plastic factory around midnight and quickly spread to the nearby warehouses and mills.

Two fire service units were dispatched to the scene and brought the fire under control after nearly an hour.

The fire service initially believes the blaze was sparked by an electrical malfunction at the plastic factory, said Munshiganj Fire Service Senior Station Officer Shafiqul Islam.

Though locals were able to recover some sacks from the pulse mill, nothing could be saved from the plastic factory or the wood warehouses.

Municipal Mayor Shahidul Islam Shahin said: “As the warehouses and the mills were close together, the fire spread quickly. An initial estimate suggests the damage to be tens of millions of taka.”


Leave a Reply